Trust the Navigator by: Charryse Wright

 

Trust the Navigator

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path.”

                -Psalms 143:10

A few years ago, a friend introduced me to Waze as an alternative to Google Maps.  According to her, Waze was a much better navigational system than Google Maps as it provided real time updates and better routes.  Well, needless to say I was hesitant because I am a Google-girl; however, Google Maps was giving me issues and I needed something that would be reliable while I was on the road, because anyone that knows me, knows that I am ALWAYS lost, even with navigation. 

So, I downloaded Waze!  Whew, I felt like I had been living under a rock!  Waze not only provided real-  time updates, it would instantly reroute me if I was headed into traffic, keeps track of my speed, and alerts me to potholes, police speed traps and cars stranded on the side of the road.   I later received an email that Waze is working with the Pennsylvania EZ pass and will provide routes specifically on those toll-roads or avoid them all together, whatever you need.

As I was driving on a Waze-route, I noticed I was traveling all around the mulberry bush to get to my destination. I knew that while this route may have seemed weird to me, I trusted that Waze knew what it was doing.  And in that moment, I had some thoughts….

When I look at Waze, I am reminded that…

·         God, like Waze knows the best route for us to take and how to get to the destination, because God authored the course. 

·         God, like Waze, wants us to avoid life’s pitfalls, speed traps and accidents, so when necessary God will reroute us.

When Waze picks a route, I don’t often complain or reroute because I trust that Waze will get me where I need to be, and I know that the reroute will help me avoid accidents or traffic jams.   However, being transparent when God tells me to do something, sometimes I complain because I do not know where it will take me and sometimes I try to do it my way and end up in disaster, because I thought I knew best.

I do not think I am alone in my concerns and doubts. I do think that most times we will not be honest that we doubt and question God and God’s plan because we have been taught not to question God.  But, when we can not see where we are going or the route takes us all around the mulberry bush, call God!  Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed of those moments of humanity. 

God knew that there were moments that we would doubt, have questions, concerns and ignore God’s reroute, therefore in these moments of weakness Paul reminds us in 2 Corinthians 12 that these struggles are ok.  Paul says “Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But the Lord said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Call God, in those moments of doubt and weakness, because God’s power is perfected in our moments of weakness, those moments that make us human.  I briefly came by in this devotion today to remind myself and you that God will guide you if you let him.  Waze is a good navigator, but God is the ultimate navigator!  We may not know which way God is taking us, but we must trust the route that God takes us on.  When we allow God to guide us we can avoid some of the pitfalls of life that come to distract and destroy us.  And when we allow God to guide us, if we hit a pitfall on the road of life, God will minimize the damage we encounter.  

Trust the Navigator, Trust God!

Trust God when you feel lost!

Trust God when you feel scared!

Trust God when you have doubts!

God will guide and protect you along the way!

 

Comments